Last night's Logie awards served up an eclectic mix of show-stopping
fashion hits and outrageous misses. But for the most part, it was a truly
elegant affair, with a return to some good old-fashioned glamour.
Among the most glamorous were Australian model Megan Gale, who chose a cocoa
brown floor-grazing gown embellished with silver beading from Collette Dinnigan.
Home and Away newcomer Isabel Lucas was also elegant in a pale blue lace
Livinia Nixon was a fashion hit in a beaded champagne halter dress from
Pierucci. So, too, Bec Cartwright in black Christian Dior; Belinda Emmett in
vintage Versace; and Home and Away's Tammin Sursok in a strapless burnt orange
creation from Alex Perry.
Tara Moss, sporting a darker crop of locks, turned heads in a slinky green
halter gown by Prahran-based designers J'Aton.
Newsreader Tracey Curro also enlisted the genius couturiers at J'Aton to whip
up her Logies frock - an elegant latte-coloured gown embellished with lace.
The biggest cheers were saved for Australia's hottest celebrity couple, Delta
Goodrem and Mark Philippoussis. The pair were among the last to arrive and, of
all the stars, spent the most time signing autographs.
Goodrem appeared healthy and relaxed, dressed in a black one-shoulder
Morrissey gown with diamante-encrusted tassels swinging from the shoulder and
subtle bow details.
Philippoussis was in matching black - a dark Hugo Boss suit and open collar
black shirt without a tie.
Several male celebrities shunned the black tie code last night and opted to
go totally tieless.
But the most lackadaisical interpretation of the formal dress code went to
Steve Irwin, who took to the red carpet in his trademark khaki shorts, short
sleeve shirt and Blundstones.
Serial fashion offender Susie Elelman outdid herself this year, arriving in a
Darth Vader-like hooded coat, which she discarded to reveal a shaved head.
• Gold Logie Rove McManus Ten Network
• Silver Logie Most Popular Actor Aaron Jeffrey McLeod's Daughters Nine
• Silver Logie Most Popular Actress Lisa Chappell McLeod's Daughters Nine
• Silver Logie Most Popular TV Presenter Rove McManus Rove (Live) Ten
• Most Popular New Male Talent Kip Gamblin Home and Away Seven Network
• Most Popular New Female Talent Isabel Lucas Home and Away Seven Network
• Most Popular Sports Program The Footy Show (AFL) Nine Network
• Most Popular Light Entertainment/Comedy Program Rove (Live) Ten Network
• Most Popular Australian Drama Series McLeod's Daughters Nine Network
• Most Popular Reality Program Australian Idol Ten Network
• Most Popular Lifestyle Program Backyard Blitz Nine Network
• Most Outstanding Drama Series The Secret Life of Us Ten Network
• Most Popular Overseas Drama CSI Nine Network
• Most Popular Overseas Comedy Friends Nine Network
• Most Popular Overseas Star Jennifer Aniston Friends Nine Network
• Silver Logie Most Popular Australian Program McLeod's Daughters Nine
• Most Outstanding Drama Series Secret Life of Us Ten Network
• Most Outstanding Actor Drama Series Ray Barrett After the Deluge Ten
• Most Outstanding Actress Drama Series Deborah Mailman Secret Life of Us
• Most Outstanding Mini-series After the Deluge Ten Network
• Most Outstanding News Coverage Marine's fire ABC News
• Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report The Big A The Hazel Hawke Story
Australian Story ABC
• Most Outstanding Documentary Dying to Leave SBS
• Most Outstanding Comedy Dual winners CNNNN and Kath and Kim ABC
• Most Outstanding Sports Coverage Bob Jane T-Mart 1000 Ten Network
• Most Outstanding Children's Preschool Program Hi-Five Nine Network
• Most Outstanding childreN's Program Bootleg ABC